eBike users on Arran are now welcome to charge their eBike batteries at a range of businesses across the island. When using the charging points please follow the code of conduct shared below.
If you have cycled on Arran you will understand the challenges of cycling our beautiful and demanding terrain. Cycling with eBikes has enabled many more people to travel around Arran by bike.
We know eBike riders worry about running out of battery, so we have collaborated with local business to build the Arran re-charge network. All these businesses are now supporting a greener, happier eBike friendly future.
- Arran Active
- Brodick Bar
- Arran Botanicals
- The Parlour
Shiskine and Blackwaterfoot
- Bellevue Farm
- Balmichael Glamping
- The Kinloch Hotel
- The Drift Inn
- Pier Head Tavern
- COAST Discovery Centre
Kilmory and Lagg
- Kilmory Hall
- Lagg Hotel
- Velo Cafe
- Corrie Hotel
- Lochranza Distillery
- Whiting Bay -The Shore
- Machrie -The Old Byre
Code of conduct
This will usually be displayed in the businesses’ premises alongside the rECHARGE! sticker:
- Purchase something from the place you are charging, take a seat, get a coffee, and eat some cake. Alternatively, if preferred by the organisation, donate.
- Try not to be charging up for more than 1 hour; this service is designed to boost the remaining charge rather than fill up a completely flat battery.
- Be considerate – this goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: If you are in a busy cafe/restaurant/bar, understand the pressures on staff and be patient if they don’t get to your request straight away.
- DON’T PLUGIN WITHOUT ASKING! That socket may not be allocated for ebike charging.
- Stick around while your batteries charging (as tempting as it may be to dash to the sea/shop next door/ice cream van)
- Finally, as unlikely as it is, you accept the liability that your equipment could get damaged or stolen on a business’s premises.