Project: Arran Eco Savvy Shop Manager
Contract: Fixed Term: to 31st March 2022
Part-time: 16 hours per week
Salary: Real Living Wage – £9.50ph The FTE of that would be £19,760 pa
Arran Eco Savvy has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable individual with great organisational qualities to take on the role of Shop Manager for the Eco Savvy Whiting Bay Shop. You will play an integral part in the day to day running of the shop and it is essential that you have exceptional communication skills, a can-do attitude and are driven to make a difference in our mission for environmental improvement and the development of a ‘Sustainable Arran’.
You will take a lead in expanding the shop income through developing online selling and reviewing pricing practice.
Key Skills and Experience-essential
- Understand the Aims and Objectives of Eco Savvy
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar or managerial role
- Experience with cash handling, card readers and financial reporting
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Competent and confident IT skills in online selling and promotion
- The ability to keep clear, complete, and accurate records and prepare reports.
- Motivating and engaging volunteers is a crucial aspect of being a charity shop manager-you must have demonstrated ability to work with all types of people in an empathetic and inclusive way.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about making a difference.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Innovative and forward thinking to change or enhance processes to make them more effective.
- Always seek to get the best out of all involved to benefit the charity.
- The contract is for part time temporary employment of 16 hrs week, over the weeks when the Eco Savvy shop is open. The shop generally closes for two weeks over the Christmas period, and may close for other reasons from time to time.
- Start date earliest 24th May 2021.
- The rate of pay will be £9.50 per hour for 16 hrs per week in line with the Real Living Wage.
- Your standard working hours and days to be agreed with the Trustees. The position offers a high degree of flexibility, however, may need to fit in with the availability of volunteers and the shop needs.
- Some weekend and evening work will be required.
- You will be accountable to the Eco-Savvy Board for your performance and reporting.
- Your main place of work will be within the village of Whiting Bay, Isle of Arran. On occasions you may be required to travel to other locations on the island or within Scotland. In such cases travel and incidental expenses will be reimbursed on the submission of receipts. You will not be required to work outside the UK.
- Eco-Savvy strives to provide equality of opportunities to employees and prospective employees. A copy of its Equal Opportunities Policy is available.
- Eco-Savvy will provide access to a pension scheme and further details will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, retain and develop the volunteer team;
- Ongoing training, support, and management of volunteers
- Ensure the shop is adequately staffed at all times, when opened.
- IT work to circulate volunteer rota on a weekly basis.
- Develop online selling and review.
- Update our pricing practice in the shop.
- Implement and maintain effective stock control procedures, including stock taking and ordering of eco product supplies, as required;
- Stock generation via local networking, as required, including collaborating, and building strong relationships with businesses and likeminded initiatives across the island and wider to support Eco Savvy’s purpose
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and order in the shop and stockroom.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are achieved and maintained.
- General administration duties.
- Financial management and reporting (Income and expenditure monitoring for the shop and reporting in collaboration with the Treasurer and bookkeeper)
- Report to the Eco-Savvy trustees on a regular basis
- Ensure Membership of the charity is promoted, and administration complies with GDPR.
- Use appropriate communication to keep volunteers and trustees up to date with performance and development of the shop.
- Work with the Eco Savvy trustees to sustain and help develop the ongoing aims of the charity.
Application Closing Date: 10th May 2021
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Helen Ross, Eco Savvy Community Shop, Shore Road, Whiting Bay, Isle of Arran. KA27 8PR marked “confidential”.