Project: Arran Eco Savvy Shop Development Manager
Contract: Fixed Term: to 31st May 2022
Part-time: 16 hours per week
Salary: Real Living Wage – £9.50ph The FTE of that would be £19,760 pa
Arran Eco Savvy has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable individual with great organisational qualities to take on the role of Shop Development Manager for the Eco Savvy Whiting Bay Shop. You will work closely with the Shop Manager to play an integral part in the development of the shop and it is essential that you have exceptional communication skills, a can-do attitude and are driven to make a difference in our mission for environmental improvement and the development of a ‘Sustainable Arran’.
You will take a lead in expanding the shop income through developing online selling and alternate selling opportunities, for example, pop up shops at other locations/events around the island.
Key Skills and Experience-essential
- Understand the Aims and Objectives of Eco Savvy
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar or managerial role
- Experience with cash handling, card readers and financial reporting
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Competent and confident IT skills in online selling and promotion
- Exceptional organisational skills in planning and delivering one off pop up selling opportunities
- The ability to keep clear, complete, and accurate records and prepare reports.
- Motivating and engaging volunteers is a crucial aspect of being a charity shop manager-you must have demonstrated ability to work with all types of people in an empathetic and inclusive way.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about making a difference.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Innovative and forward thinking to change or enhance processes to make them more effective.
- Always seek to get the best out of all involved to benefit the charity.
- The contract is for part time temporary employment of 16 hrs week, over the weeks when the Eco Savvy shop is open. The shop generally closes for two weeks over the Christmas period, and may close for other reasons from time to time.
- Start date earliest 1 September 2021.
- The rate of pay will be £9.50 per hour for 16 hrs per week in line with the Real Living Wage.
- Your standard working hours and days to be agreed with the Trustees. The position offers a high degree of flexibility, however, may need to fit in with the availability of volunteers and the shop needs.
- Some weekend and evening work will be required.
- You will be accountable to the Eco-Savvy Board for your performance and reporting.
- Your main place of work will be within the village of Whiting Bay, Isle of Arran. You will also be required to travel to other locations on the island or within Scotland. In such cases travel and incidental expenses will be reimbursed on the submission of receipts. You will not be required to work outside the UK.
- Eco-Savvy strives to provide equality of opportunities to employees and prospective employees. A copy of its Equal Opportunities Policy is available.
- Eco-Savvy will provide access to a pension scheme and further details will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the volunteer team;
- In conjunction with the Shop Manager, provide training, support, and management of volunteers in shop, online and at pop up developments
- Develop online selling and review.
- Maintain effective stock control procedures for online and pop up shops, including stock taking and ordering of eco product supplies, as required;
- Stock generation via local networking, as required, including collaborating, and building strong relationships with businesses and likeminded initiatives across the island and wider to support Eco Savvy’s purpose
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and order in the stockroom and at pop up shops.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are achieved and maintained at all events
- General administration duties.
- Financial management and reporting (Income and expenditure monitoring and reporting in collaboration with the Treasurer and bookkeeper)
- Report to the Eco-Savvy trustees on a regular basis
- Ensure Membership of the charity is promoted, and administration complies with GDPR.
- Use appropriate communication to keep volunteers and trustees up to date with performance and development of the shop.
- Work with the Eco Savvy trustees to sustain and help develop the ongoing aims of the charity.
Application Closing Date: Monday 9 August 2021
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or post to Helen Ross, Eco Savvy Community Shop, Shore Road, Whiting Bay, Isle of Arran. KA27 8PR marked “confidential”.