Arran Eco Savvy has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable individual with great organisational qualities to take on the role as Volunteer Coordinator with in the charity. You will play an integral part in the day to day activities, supporting and recruiting volunteers across all our projects. It is essential that you have exceptional communication skills, a can-do attitude and are driven to make a difference in the our mission for environmental improvement and the development of a ‘Sustainable Arran’.
Key Skills and Experience-essential
- Understand the Aims and Objectives of Eco Savvy
- 2-3 years experience in a similar or managerial role
- Motivating and engaging volunteers is a crucial aspect, you must have experience in the voluntary sector.
- Experience managing budget and financial reporting
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Basic IT skills
- The ability to keep clear, complete and accurate records
- Enthusiastic and passionate about making a difference
- Flexible and adaptable
- Innovative and forward thinking to change or enhance processes that may not be effective
- Always seek to get the best out of all involved to benefit the charity
- The contract is for part time employment of a minimum of 10 hrs week.
- The contract is for the period of funding, ending on 31st of March 2021.
- Start date will be 19/5/19.
- The rate of pay will be £11.50 per hour pro rata for 10hrs per week as Volunteer Coordinator, and will be reviewed annually
- Standard working hours and days to be agreed with the Trustees. The position offers a high degree of flexibility, however may need to fit in with the availability of volunteers and project needs.
- Some weekend and evening work will be required.
- Accountable to the Eco-Savvy Board of trustees for performance and reporting.
- Main place of work will be within the village of Whiting Bay, Isle of Arran. On occasions you may be required to travel to other locations on the island or within Scotland. In such cases travel and incidental expenses will be reimbursed on the submission of receipts. You will not be required to work outside the UK.
- Eco-Savvy strives to provide equality of opportunities to employees and prospective employees.
- Eco-Savvy will provide access to a pension scheme.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Eco Savvy’s VAF funding application for guidance and required targets;
- Recruit, retain and develop the volunteer team including volunteers from disadvantaged backgrounds;
- Ongoing training, support and management of volunteers;
- Administrative duties including budget management;
- Reporting to funders in accordance with grant requirements and maintain communication with them;
- Attend training and cluster meetings, at times leaving the island;
- Ensure Membership and the opportunities for volunteering to support the charity are promoted, and administration complies with GDPR;
- Basic IT work to promote volunteering opportunities and activities;
- Holding regular volunteer meetings – Understanding their concerns and addressing them;
- Contributing to our Newsletter for members with volunteering updates;
- Website updating;
- Health & Safety – Ensure policies and procedures are updated and maintained;
- Collaborating and building strong relationships with businesses and likeminded initiatives across the island and wider to support Eco Savvy’s purpose;
- Use appropriate communication to keep volunteers up to date with performance and development of the shop, and other volunteer activities;
- Report to the Eco-Savvy trustees on a regular basis; and
- Work with the Eco Savvy trustees to sustain and help develop the ongoing aims of the charity.