Arran Eco Savvy has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable individual with great organisational qualities to take on the role as Shop Manager for the Eco Savvy Whiting Bay Shop. You will play an integral part in the day to day running of the shop and it is essential that you have exceptional communication skills, a can-do attitude and are driven to make a difference in the our mission for environmental improvement and the development of a ‘Sustainable Arran’.
Key Skills and Experience-essential
- Understand the Aims and Objectives of Eco Savvy
- 2-3 years experience in a similar or managerial role
- Experience with cash handling and financial reporting
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Basic IT skills
- The ability to keep clear, complete and accurate records
- Driving licence and car preferred
- Motivating and engaging volunteers is a crucial aspect of being a charity shop manager-you must have demonstrated ability to work with people.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about making a difference
- Flexible and adaptable
- Innovative and forward thinking to change or enhance processes that may not be effective
- Always seek to get the best out of all involved to benefit the charity
- The contract is for part time temporary employment of a maximum of 10 hrs week, over the weeks when the Eco Savvy shop is open. It is noted that the shop generally closes for two weeks over the Christmas period, one week during the October holidays and may close for other reasons from time to time.
- Start date is 19/5/19
- The rate of pay will be £9 per hour pro rata for 10hrs per week as Shop Manager, and will be reviewed every six months. We are a Real Living Wage employer.
- Your standard working hours and days to be agreed with the Trustees. The position offers a high degree of flexibility, however may need to fit in with the availability of volunteers and the shop needs.
- Some weekend and evening work will be required.
- You will be accountable to the Eco-Savvy Board for your performance and reporting.
- Your main place of work will be within the village of Whiting Bay, Isle of Arran. On occasions you may be required to travel to other locations on the island or within Scotland. In such cases travel and incidental expenses will be reimbursed on the submission of receipts. You will not be required to work outside the UK.
- Eco-Savvy strives to provide equality of opportunities to employees and prospective employees. A copy of its Equal Opportunities Policy is available (see below).
- Eco-Savvy will provide access to a pension scheme and further details will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, retain and develop the volunteer team, in cooperation with the Volunteer Fund Manager;
- Ongoing training, support and management of volunteers, in cooperation with the Volunteer Fund Manager;
- Ensure the shop is adequately staffed at all times, when opened;
- Basic IT work to circulate volunteer rota on a weekly basis
- Implement and maintain effective stock control procedures, including stock taking and ordering of eco product supplies, as required;
- Stock generation via local networking, as required, including collaborating and building strong relationships with businesses and likeminded initiatives across the island and wider to support Eco Savvy’s purpose
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and order in the shop and stockroom;
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are achieved and maintained
- General administration duties;
- Financial management and reporting (ie Income and expenditure monitoring for the shop and reporting in collaboration with the Treasurer and book keeper)
- Ensure Membership of the charity is promoted and administration complies with GDPR.
- Use appropriate communication to keep volunteers and trustees up to date with performance and development of the shop
- Report to the Eco-Savvy trustees on a regular basis
- Work with the Eco Savvy trustees to sustain and help develop the ongoing aims of the charity