Project: The Sustainable Island Life Project
Contract: Fixed Term, until 31st March 2021
Part-time: 24 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 per annum pro rata
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 22nd May
Shortlist confirmed by 25th May
Interviews arranged by w/c 27th May
Arran Eco Savvy has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, reliable, competent and confident individual to take on the role as eBike Coordinator. You will be part of an exciting multi-faceted energy, travel, and sustainable food project funded through the Scottish Government’s Climate Challenge Fund. You will play an integral part in the delivery of the project and it is essential that you are a self-starter, adaptable and driven to make a difference to Arran’s environmental improvement and protection.
There are two main areas that you will support in the coordination and delivery of:
Community eBike Scheme:
- Conduct surveys to understand what eBikes will be most utilised for the range of activities .
- Work with the Project manager to source and expand and create a more diverse eBike fleet
- Organise all aspects of the eBike lending scheme for Arran residents
- Coordinate the maintenance of the fleet of eBikes
- Manage logistics and transport of eBikes for residents to trial on a monthly basis
- Coordinate monthly induction days for workplaces and individuals taking part in the eBike scheme.
- Ensure health and safety practices are adhered to with all users of the scheme
- Work with the Project manager to develop a sustainability plan for the eBike scheme
Set up Bike Maintenance Tool Library
- Work with the project team and key delivery partner to set up a bike maintenance tool library
- Work with the transport and travel officer to incorporate bike maintenance skills into workshops and events across the project duration.
- Work with key delivery partner NAC to install 5 toolkits across the island in hub locations, which will be highlighted on Arran’s First Green Travel and Transport map and will be developed through the project.
- Support the development of an online video resource library to encourage bike maintenance skills and empower solutions
Other responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to progress monitoring and evaluation reports for the carbon cutting reduction activities.
- Find a creative approach to engaging others and solving problems.
- Work with the project manager on decisions to agree resources and budget needed for each eBike project activity.
- Influence others, to gain acceptance and commitment to climate awareness and environmental change.
- Design and deliver activities to maximise project delivery quality, efficiency and continuity/sustainability.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Strong communication and teamwork skills for a fast-paced working environment.
- Full proficiency Microsoft Office especially Word & Excel.
- A high level of empathy and respect for people with different backgrounds and ability to use inclusive, non-stigmatising and respectful ways of communication.
- Able to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders to solve problems.
- Able to work on own initiative and organise own time/workload.
- Experience using or a great passion for bikes; promoting and facilitating this as a travel norm in our community
- Comprehensive understanding of current environmental issues and how they relate to this project’s aims and objectives.
- Experience in an environmental/social enterprise/not for profit organisation.
- Experience in promoting events for community engagement
- Managing teams of volunteers – experienced in how to delegate to and empower them.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Eco Savvy Community Shop, Shore Road, Whiting Bay, Isle of Arran. KA27 8PR.