Eco Savvy is seeking to appoint up to three new Trustees. We wish to appoint Trustees who will strengthen and support Eco Savvys’ ongoing work on the Island through knowledge, networking, and experience, in accordance with its charitable aims and to secure its long-term sustainability.
The post holders will:
- Work in partnership with the other Trustees to ensure the Charity is effectively managed.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the officers of the Charity, as required.
- Be prepared to initiate, support, represent the charity or take leadership in activities which are aimed at making Arran a zero-waste, energy efficient sustainable Island.
Finance, Sustainable Development, Environment, Business Development, Governance, Community Engagement
Duration of Appointment
Annual – Elected each year at AGM
Travel Expenses Paid
About the Organisation
The Arran Eco Savvy Community is a group based on the Isle of Arran with the aim of identifying and accomplishing environmental projects to benefit our community, increase environmental sustainability and support sustainable living, whilst working towards zero waste for Arran.
Our strategy is:
- To mobilise and energise a wide ranging large environmental community group on the Isle of Arran.
- Through growing membership which is free and open to all over 16’s who support the aims and purpose of Arran Eco Savvy.
- To identify and develop local environmentally beneficial projects.
- To enhance the local community & environment by finding solutions which are of benefit to the local community and environment whilst improving environmental sustainability on Arran
- To provide learning opportunities and training for vocational skills which are of benefit to all ages and abilities. This helps to increase employment opportunities and allow individuals to move towards low carbon lifestyles
- To support collaborative working with other organisations who share our aims and values.
- To make a positive contribution to the community & strive towards financially sustainable developments.
Eco Savvy are looking for individuals with strategic and governance experience, and a passion for working towards a sustainable future. We are particularly looking for individuals with backgrounds in finance, project management and development or the environmental/engineering sectors, but are would also welcome individuals with other experience relevant to our work. An understanding of Charity regulations is desirable. An understanding of the issues facing Island living is important, as well as strong ambassadorial skills to work with a wide range of stakeholders.
How to Apply
Applications should be titled TRUSTEE APPLICATION
For more information about this vacancy please email email@example.com, and one of the Trustees will contact you directly.