Trustees of Eco Savvy
Lynn Cameron, Beverly Walker, Andrew Downing and Esther Brown.
Can you help Arran grow into a greener island ?
Eco Savvy is looking for committed volunteers to join its Board of Trustees to support and develop its strategy for the future.
As a charity, Eco’s success has been up until now, 100% self funded through our local shop and donations. In 2017 Arran Eco Savvy has been awarded £63,436 with The Scottish Government’s Climate Challenge Fund including a maximum funding of £31,718 from the European Regional Development Fund. We have a full time project manager and are currently developing future projects. We are keen to welcome applications from anyone committed to the aims of Eco to our board.
The organisation’s charitable purposes are:
To establish and promote an awareness of good environmental practice and facilitate a culture of re-use, re-cycle, up-cycle and zero waste on the Isle of Arran
1 Advancement of environmental protection & improvement
2 Work with other groups and partners to establish environmental schemes which will provide involvement and skills learning for Arran residents of all age groups and all abilities.
3 To ensure activities are cost effective and sustainable through partnerships with private enterprise and local business.
- To mobilise and energise a wide ranging large environmental community group on the Isle of Arran.
- Through growing membership which is free and open to all over 16’s who support the aims and purpose of Arran Eco Savvy.
- To identify and develop local environmentally beneficial projects.
- To enhance the local community & environment by finding solutions which are of benefit to the local community and environment whilst improving environmental sustainability on Arran
- To support collaborative working with other organisations who share our aims and values.
- To make a positive contribution to the community & strive towards financially sustainable developments.
To make a positive contribution towards achieving the island’s potential: A happy thriving community living sustainably, with clean air, zero waste and an unspoilt, unpolluted beautiful environment, enriched with a healthy population of wild life, flora & fauna on the Isle of Arran”
The Eco board meets every 5 – 6 weeks, in the evenings and daytimes, at different locations around the island . This is a great opportunity to provide support and guidance in an area that needs committed individuals.
Applicants are invited to email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal chat with one of the trustees.